Thursday, September 22, 2016

Controversial Low Cal Diets

So before I go into this, I'm prefacing my blog with a note. I recognize that low calories are believed to be unsafe and people complain about starving and the such. This is my personal experience and I have no idea where I'll be in a few months or a year but this is me and my individual experience.

There is a lot of information about intermittent fasting, starving and what the human body actually needs. So look into everything and get informed if you are planning on doing anything in regards to your health.
A person can live without food for 3 weeks! That's 21 days. So people honestly think they can't live 3 hours
A person can 3 days without water
I am (outside of my being obese at the start of this) a perfectly normal and healthy woman. I am average.

What got me started:
I read a book (if anyone is interested I'll let you know which one) and decided I wanted to give this a try. I had been told that I should be eating and exercising to lose weight and that I should eat regularly. I did it that way before and sure I lost the weight but, evidently that didn't last when I couldn't get to the gym. This book made sense in other ways. I figured I give it a try.
The premise of it is to eat only potatoes for 2 weeks, which I could do, I did the Cinch diet before which was eating the same 5 ingredients for 10 days, and you'd loose 10pds.
However when I was reading, the biggest reason for this was to reset you taste buds and get rid of salt,sugar, and oil. To learn to eat and enjoy vegetables.
I truthfully don't have a problem eliminating things and eating fruits and veggies. So I figured I'd go for a potatoes and squash diet. (I had just bought squash because I wanted to make soups)

No comments:

Post a Comment