Friday, November 11, 2016

Go To Bed and My First Weightloss Journey (Day 36: Friday)

Weight: 174.4

No School today.

So first off I know why I gained. I was super tired last night at like 6:30 so I was cuddled in bed and when my little one came in and said good night, I couldn't fall asleep.
So when hubby came to bed I moved to the couch, but couldn't fall asleep. I was fighting food cravings, trying to say "It's fine you can have it tomorrow" "You want to see the loss tomorrow". Well I couldn't convince myself, so I started with veggies and dip "If I'm gonna snack be healthy, and maybe that will be enough", I actually really wanted pretzel chips and dip. Which I ended having, along with a few handfuls of jalapeno chips left from Hubby's football night.
Not terrible, and I haven't snacked late at night since before I started my journey.
I did really want to lose and I know it's all because of this. I had been amazing all day.

I'm sharing this because the point I want to make, is that one of the best ways to help in weightloss is to actually go to bed! I have been consistently going to bed at 9 at night. I use to stay up till 12 and I'm sure most nights I would have a snack. This helps me make my eating window smaller because I have dinner, hang out, then go to bed about 4/5 hours later.

Yesterday I went searching for my old weight loss numbers, I wanted to narrow down the timeframe.
I began my first weight loss on September 8th, 2012 at 204.
I dropped 9 lbs in a month, 195 lbs (October 5th, 2012) and
another 9 lbs in a month, 186 lbs (November 14th 2012).
It wasn't till February 1st 2013 I was down another 10, 176 lbs.
In April 2013 I was at 170 lb, this is the month I started a job and didn't have time to get to the gym.
Between July 2013 - December 2013 I believe I was down at 160 at some point. However, I don't have a log of it
In February 2014 I joined my trainer's new gym for their biggest loser type program and I was at 170/172 lbs in April 2014
January of 2014 I got a gym membership and I was going with my Sister-in-law for a couple of months, but I just ended falling off and stopped going.
I didn't keep track of my weight, until I weighed in around Christmas 2015 at 186 lbs.
Of course by September 15th, 2016 I was up to 197 lbs.
From exploring all my pictures, I find it interesting how well I was able to hide my weight or a better way of phrasing it, is that my face pictures usually hid it really well. I can look at a picture of me at

Main point of interest is how long it took me, 4 months to go from 195 to 176 the first time, but only 1 month this time.
I believe the reason for this is that I always believed that I was a good eater, and I was, but all I needed was to exercise. Now obviously I did lose the first time, but it was very slow.
This time I am intermittent fasting and cutting my calories, and I am not working out. Proving that it wasn't exercising that I needed to lose weight, it's my food.
Now I will be switching once I reach my goal weight, I will be increasing my calories to a normal amount 1200, and adding exercise (Walking, Yoga, Boot Camps, Strength) because I'll want to tone everything and offset the new amount of calories
I just find it very interesting that it's always stressed to eat right and work out. But if you want to lose weight, you should focus on that, and then work on building( "gaining" muscle) at least for me

I had lunch just after 12 and it was sliced potatoes, asparagus and 2 meatballs. Then I had some veggies and dip for a snack and only an orange at dinner time. I drank a lot of tea today, 3 teapots.

No comments:

Post a Comment